Chelsey Zumpano: greetings everyone I have decided to write a VIBlind Version of “The Good List“
because yes there are many good things about being visually impaired.
1. Braille- I can read in the dark
2. Being able to do my make up without having to look in the mirror therefore I can do my make up anywhere I want!
3. Not judging people for how they look, but for their personality and how they treat others!
4. Guide dog- someday I will be able to walk confidently with a guide dog by my side, it will be amazing to have a constant companion who keeps me safe!
5. Helping people- if I wasn’t visually impaired I would not have created this website and I wouldn’t be able to help people like I hope I am.
Now here’s my friend Amanda Gene’s good list!
Hi Everyone, Chelsey, asked me to join in with her “The Good List” project. Here are my top five good reasons of being visually impaired.
1. Educate- I believe strongly in educating the general public on being visually impaired and to help burst many of the misconceptions there are surrounding our disability.
2. Determination- I believe that having a disability really gives you a lot of motivation and determination to meet your goals despite what other people may think.
3. Being Supportive- I believe that because you have a disability this makes you more supportive to the people around you no matter if they have a disability or not.
4. Technology- Let’s face it, some of our technology is pretty cool to use.
5. Guide Dogs- I don’t have a guide dog, but I have friends who have one. I think its amazing to have an animal that helps you stay safe every day.
Where you can follow me:
If you would like to add to this list or to contribute a blog post of your own email us: